Welcome to the Palm Beach County Fire Rescue Reserve Battalion web site. We offer a robust training environment and the opportunity to gain firsthand experience in the fire service. The Fire Rescue Reserve Program allows members the opportunity to give back to the community.
We offer formal training as well as a mentorship/apprenticeship approach to gaining valuable experience.
Our members participate in many functions,including fire suppression, public safety, fire investigations, and much more. Our work is public safety and education oriented as well as to the protection of life and property. It can be of a physical nature and may involve an element of personal danger. Participants must be able exercise discretion in addressing emergency situations. Reserve members operate under the direction of Palm Beach County Fire Rescue (PBCFR) administration and officers.
Reserve apparatus are not the first units to respond to 911 calls. We respond supplemental apparatus and personnel as required by PBCFR. We are not used in place of, or in lieu of overtime for any career firefighters. Reserve members are unpaid volunteers.
Training is conducted every Tuesday night from 18:30 - 21:00 hrs. at Station 42.
Candidates interested in joining the Reserve Battalion must meet the following criteria: Firefighter and/or EMS certifications are preferred but individuals possessing skills that would benefit PBCFR are also invited to apply.
- Be a US Citizen or resident alien (must prove either status)
- Must be a resident of Palm Beach County
- High School Diploma, GED or better
- Must be 18 years or older of age
- Valid Florida Drivers License
- Pass a character and criminal background check
- Provide physicians statement approving activities of appropriate classification
- Must not have been convicted of a felony
- Nonuser of tobacco or tobacco products for at least 1 year immediately preceding application, F.S. 633.34(6)
We are presently at our maximum membership level.
Please click on this link to be added to our waiting list
Click here to email us: Battalion Administration